Monday 21 December 2015

Sports: Open Letter To Manchester United Board


Dear Manchester United Heirachy,

I love my club like I love Pineapple juice while dreaming that Audrey Littie saying she loves my freckles (google her you're welcome). I know as a viewer of football for two plus decades that Football goes in cycles. And I can accept that and have done so in the past with my club, but I must say this current cycle my club finds itself in feels self inflicted. I don't know how to run a football club but I've been schooled by Championship Manager, Pro Evo and FIFA, however I do know mistakes when I see them and Stevie Wonder can see alot is wrong at the club. It's got to the point that me being one of the best at banter relating to Football, I've just been listening, watching and taking it on the chin with very little to respond back. I refuse to bring up as part of my response all the things we've done in the past because that's what many Liverpool fans are qualified at doing.
 But at the moment I can only say we could be Chelsea, however that won't last for too long.

Jamie Redknapp says "this is the worst Manchester United side I've seen". Yes we're not playing to our full potential Jamie but let's be honest you're chatting shit! Anyway I'm not going to cry over our recent injury list as this happens and Arsenal are dealing with the same thing. Why can't we play with the players that are still healthy and strong in positions that will allow them to exploit the opposition? Why can't the person who's in charge of the team see that playing Martial and Depay up front as a duo will allow the build up of attack so much quicker and more potent. 

Because Rooney is captain doesn't warrant being played every game when out of form, if anything help the guy and put him in the number ten role behind the two young bucks? What's the reason for Ander Herrera not getting game time, when he is one of the best technical players in the league? Why cant we play a 4-1-3-2 formation with Morgan Schneiderlin in the holding role with a strong 5 going forward?
Why did we look past this world beater to be captain of our club? Yes he is young but some of the best captains in the world were/are goalkeepers. The guy sees the whole game he speaks English at ease now and is a world class player. The problem with giving it to Wayne is now showing, because it will make un-wanted news if you drop him due to the way he's been playing. It's not helping him that he's a captain who's out of form and the team ain't playing to their full potential. 

Where is the faith to play the same line-up of players so they get to gel together and get an understanding until one player gets injured and someone fills that void? It's the simplest tactic in Football but making sure to get the balance right is essential, which maybe is the reason Chelsea are struggling this year because they didn't find the right balance to rest players when possible, but it allowed them to be a team that was flipping hard to break down and defeat. 
I understand LVG is abit (all the way up) stubborn and that must've contributed to being classed a world-class coach. I wasn't mad that you sold RVP because I've got a feeling he wasn't willing to fight to be in the team so that makes sense. You cleared out many players which the writings were on the wall for before LVG got to the club, but why in the blue hell did we sell Hernandez? What did he do that warranted him being sold just before the transfer window closed? This is a guy who only wanted to play Football and have the chance to show his talents which the team in the past have reaped the benefits from. 

The guy is a new age poacher and should've been on the team sheet when we sold RVP. What galaxy were you smoking with Han Solo to tell Hernandez he only had a "one percent chance" of playing in the team? You shipped him out on loan to Real without given chance, this season should've been the season management took a close look at what he brings to the team. Because right now those who agreed to sell him have not just egg but an omelette on their face. 12 goals in 17 games in the Bundesliga and being named player of the month. He's out performing many strikers not just in my team but in the league. And on the subject of strikers.......
In an era where you can count the amount of natural goalscorers on one hand, why after we gave him a new contract and rightly so have we sent Wilson on loan? I owe MUTV so I watch the reserve team play and this boy is a Manchester United player who can become the next superstar to come through our famous youth system. We're struggling for goals at the moment due to the way our play is. Why are we being denied a Wilson Martial and Depay forward line of energy skill pace and creativity? Wilson has scored two goals since being sent on loan to Brighton. 

Now don't get me wrong I believe if clubs in the premier league have highly talented youngsters who are unable to bring into a free flowing winning team, then the player should be sent to the Championship BUT only to the 8 teams that are going to be fighting for Premier League promotion. My reason behind this is simple it's a better learning experience for the the youngers, the manager will need to use his full squad to gain promotion. When they're sent to lower ambitious teams fighting to stay in the league if all goes wrong and the manager's making decisions to keep his/her job, they won't be putting faith into a player who's on loan. The terms of the Wilson loan is we can call him back at any time, so what are we waiting for?
We all love a fairy tale ending and myself and fellow United supporters would love for Giggsy to get the role. I'm not going to kid myself and think "well Barca done it with Pep, so if we do it then it will turn out the same". He may not win us something straight away but one thing for sure is he'd have the talent players we have at the club playing the type of Football they're capable of. On the other hand you guys would be foolish to over look Pep, a world class coach who if he really is as good as we are made to believe should take the challenge of Manchester United. Oh yeah that guy named Jose Mourinho is now available and it hurts me to say this, although I don't want him due to his baggage can't argue he does focus on getting trophies.

To wrap this up please let the players express themselves as we have too many ballers (that's right Jamie Redknapp) in the team to be playing how we are at the moment. Plus I know January is a few weeks ago which means transfer window time, let's not be throwing money left right and centre just because we have it. Let's not get over priced players just because we have the financial clout that some others envy. We have a few players on the books in the reserve team that can step up and become stars with the right amount of time and guidance. 

The decision makers of my beloved club, let's not stand for this type of play anyone more as shackling players is not what we've grown our reputation on. Now we're out of the Champions League tournament, we should be aiming for top 4 position and FA Cup trophy realistically moving forward to fix a season that has started bad performance wise. Shit I'll even take the Europa League trophy just to piss off Liverpool fans ha ha.

I'm out from a Bruce Willis (Die Hard) fan.
DF

No comments:

Post a Comment