Monday 21 April 2014

Sports: So What Now?!!


Ok so right from the gate, my team hasn't done what we're capable of this season. And it started so well at the start of the season, by winning the community shield. It felt like business as usual just with a strange unfamiliar figure in the dugout yelling instructions to the team. 

Now taking it back further than that, I remember being in Derby for work purposes and waking up to the news (I don't watch all types of news, but watch Sky Sports News like a Cat watches a Bird) Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of this season.
You just drop it like it's hot like that Sir Alex?!! So my morning was a huge mess (Even the bagels didn't taste nice), then I see David Moyes (at the time) looking like a G skipping from Old Trafford offices where a meeting was held past a few reporters into a Taxi. Pow David William Moyes is the official manager of Manchester United.

Fast forward to April 2014 and the following has taken place;
* Liverpool FC beat us twice in one season.
* Everton beat us twice in one season.
* We are a joke at home.
* Our captain Nemanja Vidic, is destined for Inter Milan.
* Not playing our best formation to get the trinity of Rooney, Mata and RVP.
* We've used over 45 different starting 11s.

Now if I was Moyes after seeing the above stats this is something I'd look at, I would have stuck with a consistent eleven until end of the season (WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED?). You want to play Rooney, RVP and Mata together, who wouldn't want to? So how about this formation, the classic 4-1-2-1-2 or Diamond formation. The team sheet would read, De Gea x Rafael x Smalling x Jones x Evra x Carrick/Felliani x Kagawa (BALLER) x Valencia x Mata x RVP x Rooney. 
If you want to have 4-4-2 as a plan B, that's fine you can play Zaha x Januzaj on the wings. When are these guys going to get their fair run in the team? Zaha x Januzaj x Lingard x Powell x Petrucci all should be the nucleus of say the Carling Cup team to get experience.
                            
All  these guys are young talented midfielders who should be making the United bench and playing time. Instead you want to bring on Giggs using the excuse "His experience" erm..... can't isn't he already doing that as he's a member of your coaching staff? Let him and Scholes educate these kids, because we have to many talented young guns that I see on MUTV reserve games etc.... but not getting the chance to showcase to the world.

Moyes are you really going to deny the fact you have a Fantastic Four at your disposal, that if you give time and the run of games can cause any defence havoc? RVP's absence has freed up space for Rooney to play the lone striker, with Mata and Kagawa moving around at free. 
I'm as honest as it comes when it's about my club that I love. Do we have the best squad in the league? NO! Do we have a world beating midfield? NO! However we have a team that should be in the top four if playing to the individuals strength.

This season is now DONE. So summer time Moyes please do the following. These four will be better off playing for a team they can contribute to week in, week out which isn't United.
Don't get me wrong Nani has all the attributes to be starting every game, but how many times as United fans have we said "give him time"? Young if he really really put his mind to it, would be a very good player but seems (could be wrong) he's happy at the level he's at. Not going to say anything on the other two.

The players I would bring in would be these talented five:
Adam Lallana: CM/Wing, Toni Kroos DM/CM, Patrick Van Aanholt (LB out of contract this summer, never given a chance at Chelsea and sure the young dutchman wants to prove his worth), Calum Chambers RB, Ezequiel Garay CB.

What has annoyed me the most this season is and I'm sure it happened at Goodison Park yesterday. Didn't watch the game cause I just had that feeling, and I ain't letting Football mess up my Easter vibe. Moyes just doesn't address the situation straight away, he'll seat it his seat if one or two goals down. He takes like forever to make a flipping substitute if things ain't going our way. Why is that?

I mean for the love of God, Everton replaced their former manager with a manager who's team just got relegated. But is fighting for a Champions League spot and we're looking at them like WOW, these guys are playing the type of Football Manchester United should be playing with their eyes closed.
It's like as soon as this guy stepped down, every Football club has found some Avengers type strength and unity against us. I go to Old Tafford as much as possible with my road dawg Bald MC, and we've left there just feeling some type of way......

So............ what next? Well I'm all for giving people second chances, for an example. If Moyes had won FA Cup x Carling Cup, knocked out Champs League courtesy of Bayern Munich and finished 5th via 2-3 points or goal difference. Then I'd be like he will get it right next season, with the right additions in the summer. Oh lets talk about summer, who was the genius to think "Hey let's try a get Cesc I mean he left Arsenal to return back to his boyhood club,we'll get him easily"...... Would have sacked that genius first. 

Here's how you do business in the transfer window (not that I'm qualified in that field). You takeover at a new club in time for the summer transfer window. You blow some smoke and say your trying to sign Cesc Fabregas (which you fully well know won't happen), but behind the scenes you're actually working on realistically targets which don't get announced until 100% confirmed.
(When I saw this banner, I wanted to hose the whole stadium with holy water!!!)

Anyway back to Moyes, hey buddy I don't know anymore. During the season have said NO when asked if you should be sacked etc...... We haven't been in this position before as we've been spoilt with the same manager for 27years.

Now I don't know buddy, all this Van Gaal and Klopp talk doesn't help my head either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment